Who we are
SMS ecofleet Limited TA/ ecofleet mindful delivery (“ecofleet mindful delivery “, “we” or “us”) holds personal data on its clients. This Client Data Privacy Notice details the personal data ecofleet mindful delivery may retain, process and share with third parties relating to your business and any data associated with your deliveries. ecofleet mindful delivery is committed to ensuring that your information is secure, accurate, and relevant. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of data we have put in physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard all data we hold.
We respect the privacy of all our consumers, are vigilant and always keeping our procedures in accordance with the law. This Notice sets how and what personal information we collect and process, the purposes of the processing, and the rights connected with it. ecofleet mindful delivery is also considered a Data Controller for some personal data, including data we store in relation to our booking platform, user accounts, and administration.
ecofleet mindful delivery has policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed, and is only accessed or used for specific legal purposes, with your consent.
We have listed below how we do this. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. [email protected]
Information we do not process
We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Your name
- Email address
- Landline telephone number and mobile telephone number
- Proof of delivery in the form of a signature or photo
- Pick up and drop off address
- Business register address
- Billing address
Service & contractual
ecofleet mindful delivery collects and uses this personal information to provide a delivery service for our clients’ customers – eg. address, telephone and delivery instruction.
- To collect and deliver goods that you have requested from third parties, excluding all platforms partners.
- Platform partners hold data, and the dispatch is done via their applications; therefore, ecofleet does not store or use this data in any way.
- Company registration and details for billing and KYC.
We use this personal information when it is necessary for the provision of our services, in line with the purposes agreed upon between our client and ecofleet mindful delivery.
With your consent, we may use your data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you with information, i.e., news on our products and/or services. We will not share unsolicited marketing or spam emails and will take all steps to ensure that we protect your rights and comply with GDPR.
How we collect personal information
ecofleet mindful delivery may collect personal information about you when:
- You are a recipient of our services
- You use our services through our network of collection and delivery partners
- You use our website
- You contact us
- From our delivery and collection partners. e.g. when you order goods from a third party, they might need to share your information with us to carry on with the service
- From parcels that pass through our platform -we may collect the following information: parcels, name and address information so that we can route them through for delivery to the addressee
- Directly from recipients. e.g. you submit an enquiry through our website or contact us directly via. email or telephone
Whom we share personal information with
We only provide access to your information to those who require such to perform their tasks and duties concerning the provision of our services, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it to support these purposes.
International transfer of your data
Some of the processes involved in our use of your personal data may require our data to be stored or processed in countries outside of Europe. For example, your data may be held in countries outside of Europe as a result of third party data hosting agreements.
Whenever we send (or permit a third party to send) your personal data outside of Europe, we will make sure that we take steps necessary to protect your data as required by applicable laws.
Data retention period
Personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise. Our data retention policy details this.
The ecofleet online portal automatically deletes the following personal data from the
delivery record after three months:
- Names of the sender, recipient, and recipient’s email
- Telephone number delivery instruction
- Proof of Delivery (POD) data is kept for 24 months before being deleted
Data privacy rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information ecofleet mindful delivery stores about you.
If we have collected and processed personal information using a person’s consent, then this can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted before withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection and use of personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Like all businesses, we use many third-party companies to assist with the day to day functions.
- Xero – Accounting & Payroll
- Humanity – Deputy Scheduling
- Stripe & Go cardless for payment processing
Onfleet our dispatch platform
All data is encrypted in-transit and at rest using enterprise-grade 256-bit encryption. Access to databases and servers is tightly managed through the use of least privilege standards and administrative control tools. Onfleet holds this data for 90 days.
ecofleet mindful delivery uses Google Apps for business for example, email and cloud-based storage. Please see Google’s policy here.
Where the above third-party processors transfer data overseas outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the data transferred.